Help with OverDrive
You will need a valid library card from Henderson Libraries along with your PIN/Password used when you created your library account.
Browse eBooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines. Borrow up to 7 titles at a time with a 21-day loan period using the OverDrive app or a browser on your preferred device.
STEP 1: Sign In
Find Henderson Libraries with the OverDrive app or hendersonlibraries.overdrive.com.
Find the OverDrive app from app.overdrive.com and select your preferred device's app store.
Sign in (or sign up) for an OverDrive account or sign in (or sign up) with a library card only.
Even if you create an OverDrive account, you'll still need a library card to sign into your library and borrow digital titles.
- Using an OverDrive account requires only an email address.
This option allows you to "authorize" your account on multiple devices, and download ebooks to all your devices. You'll still need to use your library card to sign into Henderson Libraries in order to borrow titles.
More info on OverDrive accounts
- Using the library card sign requires your library card number and PIN/Password.
This option doesn't require a name or email, but doesn't "authorize" your account to download ebooks to the app on all your devices. This is a good choice for users under the age of 13.
STEP 2: Borrow
You can borrow up to 7 titles at a time with a 21-day loan period, and titles automatically return on their due date, so there are no late fees!
STEP 3: Enjoy!
You can enjoy many titles immediately online, download them for offline use, or send borrowed ebooks to a Kindle device.
If you're on a computer, read or listen in your browser, or you can download an EPUB or PDF ebook or audiobook (Windows only).
Recommending a Title
Henderson Libraries doesn't have every title that's listed on the website, but you can place a recommendation on a title for us to purchase.
To recommend a title:
- Search for a title in the collection
- On the results page, select Recommend to library under the "Availability" filter. Titles in the OverDrive catalog that Henderson Libraries doesn't own are added to your results.
- If Henderson Libraries doesn't own a title, you should see Recommend below the title.
- Click or tap Recommend to recommend that title. You might be prompted to sign into your library, and will enter and confirm your email address.
- If we buy the title, you'll be added to its wait list and receive an email when your hold is available.
For more help using OverDrive, visit their help page.